The new year is full of opportunities to start fresh and achieve the goals you wanted to achieve last year, lay down the foundation to reach old/new goals, or review the goals you did achieve and work on the next level of your goals. Last year (2016), I took several leaps of faith (this blog being one of them). This year I have made several goals to push myself a little harder and accomplish them.
Before we discuss my 2017 goals, let’s look at my 2016 goals.
- Potty train our two-year old. – We have successfully accomplished this goalbut not without some interesting moments. If you have not read about our potty training experience, please read that post when you get a chance. You are bound to have a good laugh.
- Pay off at least two of my credit cards and a loan. – Though, we still have some time before we are debt free… thanks to student loans… we did payoff two of my credit cards and the loan. Now, we only use one of the credit cards to pay for small items and pay it off before the next billing cycle.
- To start a blog. – Ha! Obviously, this goal was accomplished. If it wasn’t, you wouldn’t be here reading this post. (Thanks for the support!)
- Improve the communication between my wife and I. – OMG!!! This goal will always be on my list of things to improve because our marriage is always changing as we change as individuals. However, our communication has been awesome this year. We had moments where our communication should’ve been better. Overall, our communication is better than it has ever been.
- Meditate and exercise at least three times a week. – Unfortunately, I did not accomplish this goal at all. I started the year of great, but I couldn’t find a balance between chores, work, being a mom/wife, and exercising.
With that being said, here are my 2017 goals.
- Get our two-year old to sleep in his own bed if only for a few hours each night until he’s comfortable enough to sleep throughout the entire night.
- Re-establish a date night or weekend dates with my wife.
- Dedicate more time to write, edit, and publish post to my blog.
- Attend at least two Blogger Conferences this year.
- Make healthier eating choices by not eating out as much and drinking more water.
- Establish and grow more relationships with other bloggers through my social media accounts and attending those blogger conferences (as mentioned in goal #4.)
- Create and stick with a family budget because we usually create one but do not always stick to it.
- And to trust myself and believe in my talents.
I am putting my goals on the blog so my readers can hold me accountable to achieve these goals. It’a also a way for me to hold myself accountable by sharing my goals with others. I plan to review my goals everyday at least twice a day. By reviewing my goals in the morning, I can refresh my memory and focus on them. Reviewing my goals in the evening, I can determine where I am making strides and falling short so I can adjust my plan the next day. Do you have goals for 2017 you want to accomplish? If so, feel free to share them and the strategies you use to achieve your goals in the comments.
“The harder you work for something, the greater you’ll feel when you finally achieve it.” -Unknown